June 19, 2023
This Policy identifies the types of information we may collect from your or information you may provide when you visit our Website, describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing such information, and provides how you can update, manage, and delete your information.
This Policy applies to information we collect: (a) on this Website; (b) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and (c) when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services. It does not apply to information collected by: (y) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Lineage or any third party; or (z) any third party, including through any application or content (such as advertising) linking to or accessible from or on the Website.
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It. Lineage collects several types of information from and about users of our Website, including, without limitation, information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other such identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (hereinafter, “Personal Information”); about you, but individually, does not identify you; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website (e.g., usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies).
- Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include: (i) information you provide by filling our forms on our Website, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material, purchasing products, providing reviews or feedback, or otherwise requesting further services; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence, including emails, if you contact us; (iii) details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders (e.g., you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website); and/or (iv) your search queries on the Website. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. [Click Here] for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms enabling consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. The information we collect automatically will include Personal Information or we may maintain or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences (allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests), speed up you searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects or ‘flash cookies’ to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash Cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (e.g., clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) permitting Lineage, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Choices About How We use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, your can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 19, 2023
- Information We Collect. Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include: (a) publicly available information from government records; (b) de-identified or aggregated consumer information; and (c) information excluded from the CCPA’s scope (e.g., personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws). In particular, our Website has collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers. Examples include: names, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information Categories. Examples include: names, signatures, social security numbers, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Commercial Information. Examples include: records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Network Activity. Examples include: browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation Data. Examples include: physical location or movements.
- Inferences Drawn. Examples include: profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
Directly from You. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
Indirectly from You. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- Use of Personal Information. We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes: (a) to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (e.g., personal information provided to process payment and facilitate delivery); (b) to provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services; (c) to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us; (d) to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, and prevent transactional fraud; (e) to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses; (f) to personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party site, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law); (g) to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases, and other technology assets, and business; (h) for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services; (i) to respond to law enforcement requests as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; (j) as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA; and/or (k) to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some of all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by use about our Website users is among the assets being transferred. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
- Sharing Personal Information. We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose. We also do not sell personal information.
- Your Rights and Choices. The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Right to Know and Data Portability. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will disclose to you: (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling that personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; (v) if we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing (1) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased, and (2) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained; and (vi) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to: (i) complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; (v) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code Section 1546 et. seq.); (vi) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if your previously provided informed consent; (vii) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (viii) comply with a legal obligation; and (ix) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it. We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action. We do not provide these deletion rights for business-to-business personal information.
- Exercising Your Rights. To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either emailing us as email@example.com. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information. You may only submit a request to know twice within any twelve (12) month period. Your request to know or delete must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (ii) described your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
- Response Timing and Format. We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the ten (10) day timeframe, please contact us via mail at 845 15th Street, Suite 103, San Diego, CA 92101, Attn: Legal Department. We endeavor to substantively respond to verifiable consumer requests within forty-five days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another forty-five (45) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that a request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we may that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (i) deny you goods or services; (ii) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (iii) provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or (iv) suggest you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights. If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 15 years old, or the parent or guardian of a consumer. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales when visiting our Website may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link [_____________________]. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting [________________]. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.